Thursday, 05 February 2009
Blog platform enhancements
Upgraded 2.0 text editor
- New blog styles/layouts
- Setup and manage categories for blog entries
- Blog categories displayed in the sidebar links area
- Sidebar links now display the number of posts for that link
- User comments can be set to display on the blog detail page
- Use standard groupbox/title styles in the blog sidebar area
- Blog manager allows you to view posts and manage pending comments
- The 2.0 text editor is now the default text editor for Firefox, Safari, Opera and Google chrome.
Design: custom page banners
- Sitemap files are used by search engines such as Google to better index all the pages on your website.
- An optimized sitemap.xml file is automatically generated as you edit your pages.
- Sitemap file includes all pages, blog posts and product catalog detail pages.
- The system now generates a default robots.txt file.
- Upload custom banners on a per page basis
- To upload a custom banner for a page, edit the page and click the "header options" link in the banner area.
- New themes
- New system banners
- New backgrounds
- New groupboxes
- The default product search has been enhanced to allow customers to filter search results by product category and price.
- Better support for phone/manual order entry has been added. To enter a manual order, click the phone order link on the main store page.
- Google checkout support has been added (open beta test)
- AVS/CVV results are now displayed on the order detail page. (NOTE: for results to display, this feature must be supported for your payment gateway)
- Australia post support
The system media components have been upgraded.
- New integrated flash media player supports playing .flv (flash) video files as well as many other video formats
- Easily switch between the new flash media player and the standard browser plugin media player
- New option to upload videos directly to your YouTube account from your website
- Account information change notice. Anytime your account information is updated or your password is reset, you will receive a notification email.
- An option to delete user accounts has been added.
- Create categories for calendar events.
- Message board topic sorting.
- Spam filtering enhancements
- Website settings and ecommerce settings pages overview pages provide an at a glance view of your configuration settings.
PREVIEW: advanced file uploader
- View all domains associated with your account
- View domain status and expiration dates
- Register new domains or add an existing domain to your account
- Easier file upload with one click and file selection
- Upload progress display
- Use multi select to upload multiple files at the same time with the file manager and image galleries
- To enable the advanced uploader, go to an upload form and click the link to try the advanced uploader
- If you have feedback or problems using the advanced file uploader, contact support and switch back to the default file uploader
PREVIEW: advanced page editor
- Quicker page editing with in page features
- Easily move components on the page without a page reload
- Overlay component editor makes it easy to access the component edit pages
- Component updates are instantly applied to your page without needing to reload the page
- Optimized component menu for adding/inserting and accessing component properties
- To enable the advanced page editor, edit any page and click the change link inside the section 1 header
- If you have feedback or problems using the advanced page editor, contact support and switch back to the default page editor